February 13th Chat Topic - Careers in Science
This month we will discuss careers in the science (stem) field. The chat questions are listed below. Scientists are encouraged to answer these questions during the chat. High school students are encouraged to ask questions directly to the scientists based on the responses they give to the chat questions.
- What is your title and what do you do as a science professional?
- What made you realize you wanted to pursue science?
- what has been the most satisfying part of being a scientist?
- What do you think you would do if you were not in science?
- What is the best way to prepare for a career in science?
November 14th Chat Topic - Scientist Stereotypes
There are many stereotypes about scientists that
#SciStuChat 12-08-16 Evolution and its Misconceptions
- What is Evolution?
- What does it mean when scientists say animal species are related?
- Why do so many people misunderstand evolution?
- What are some common evolution misconceptions?
- How do we know evolution happens?
- What is a scientific theory and how is it different than an everyday theory?
- Why is evolution important today?
The 2016-2017 Academic year of #SciStuChat begins Thursday Sept 8th - topic below
SciStuChat topics from the 2015-2016 school year listed below.
Living on the Moon April 14th 9pm EST
Spiders and Their Chemistry - Jan 14th 9pm EST
Sharks and Chondrichthyes - December 10th
Science and Football - Nov 12th
American Football is a collision sport
Thank you to scienceunderground.org for "The Science Behind the Football Spiral"
Surviving a year in space - October 8th 2015
Astronaut Scott Kelly is spending a year in space on the International Space Station, and his Russian counterpart cosmonaut Mikhail Kornienko is doing the same thing. On Sept 15 they reached the halfway point of the #yearinspace. The major purpose of the #yearinspace is to learn the demands the human body requires to make the trip to Mars.